Asset management is at the very heart of our business. Covering the whole of the UK from offices in Birmingham, London and Leeds, our team provides integrated management advice to clients including three of the top ten ranked UK discretionary fund mandates.
Managing more than 1,000 properties with 7,000 + tenancies, and collecting annual rent and service charges amounting to in excess of £500 million, asset management is GBR Phoenix Beard’s largest department and accounts for 60% of revenue. The properties we manage include mixed-use schemes, grade A office buildings, industrial and business parks, shopping centres and leisure facilities and residential developments.
Our specialist asset management professionals are an integral part of our clients’ teams, building a thorough knowledge of their properties, and protecting and growing the value and quality of their portfolios, resulting in long-lasting relationships.
As a specialist, independent asset management business, we offer a very distinct business model compared with the larger, often global, multi-disciplined consultancies. This benefits our clients in terms of our ability to respond quickly to each client’s unique needs and develop bespoke systems.
We are large enough to provide a comprehensive and dedicated property management service, yet not so unwieldy as to have lost sight of why our clients re-retain us time and again when management mandates are retendered. The core strands of our asset management service centre on:
- Thorough monitoring and reporting of our services delivery against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which we agree at the outset of our appointment with each client
- Transparent, tailored and responsive financial reporting in accordance with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ accounting code
- Rigorous financial controls to maximise income – for example prompt service charge account reconciliation, proactive income collection regimes, robust credit control procedures, effective recharging and carefully managed procurement strategies
- Making sure we are communicating regularly with all stakeholders at the properties we manage, from tenants through to fund managers
- Managing property in a sustainable way
- Where required, managing refurbishment programmes, including dilapidations, to optimise capital value
In order to achieve greater on-site presence and enhanced local service delivery, the asset management team includes 25 regional facilities managers (RFMs) based across the UK, who undertake regular visits to properties within our clients’ portfolios. Our eyes and ears on the ground, the RFMs fulfil a vital role, for example in ensuring compliance with statutory requirements relating to health and safety legislation and liaising with contractors.